Digital Solutions – What They Are and How They Can Boost Your Business Goals
It should come as no surprise that digital marketing is a vital activity for any modern business. It helps reach the right people at the right time, increases brand awareness, and boosts profits. And this is precisely why digital marketing budgets have increased across almost all industries in 2022.
However, bigger marketing budgets don’t always mean more effective marketing. For example, a 2022 study from Gartner found that 58% of Chief Marketing Officers say they don’t have the talent to deliver their marketing strategies. And yet, despite the talent shortage, hiring remains flat.
Luckily, there is a way to increase the effectiveness of your marketing strategies without costly recruitment – digital marketing solutions. So that’s what we’re going to be diving into today.
What Is a Digital Marketing Solution?
Digital marketing refers to campaigns that appear on phones, tablets, computers, and other personal electronic devices. It can take many forms, including display ads, online videos, search engine marketing, social media posts, and more.
Digital marketing has skyrocketed in recent years, and with good reason. At its core, marketing is about connecting with your audience at the right time and place. Or, in other words, meeting them where they already are – online. And crucially, digital marketing is more important than ever in a world where people are overwhelmed by interruptive (and annoying) marketing tactics.
So, what is a digital solution? Digital solutions are tools that address specific functions within a business need. For example, automation tools for scheduling social media posts, tools for search engine optimisation (SEO), brand tracking, email campaigns, content marketing, online PR, pay-per-click advertising, and more, could be included in a digital solution. Typically, digital marketing solutions focus on data analytics, strategy, media, and advertising to connect with new audiences, create compelling user experiences, and boost sales.
How Does Digital Marketing Differ Between Industries?
There’s no one-size-fits-all for digital solutions. Since different industries have different priorities, digital solutions will look slightly different for each sector. Let’s explore some of these differences.
Manufacturing businesses’ SEO strategy will want to focus on informational and transactional keyword ranking. Informational keywords are used when the searcher is looking for more information about a product, service, or anything else.
Information search queries typically include keywords like “How,” “What,” “Why,” etc., as these questions provide additional information to the user. Most of the time, the user isn’t looking for a specific product at this stage but instead looking for more information so they can solve a problem. Manufacturing companies can target informational keywords with helpful content. And crucially, properly optimising this content can lead to incredible benefits, like having your answer featured as a snippet on Google.
By contrast, transactional keywords relate to words people use when they intend to find products to buy. Think, “buy”, “cheap”, “purchase”, “for sale”, “deal”, “where to buy”, “purchase”, and so on.
Regular cold email campaigns are also a popular tactic in manufacturing, and with good reason. Email remains a highly effective way to acquire new customers and is nearly 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter.
For ecommerce businesses, the priority is paid social media campaigns and customer retargeting through different channels. The goal here is to get your product in front of users when they’re ready to buy. Retargeting is essential because expecting people to purchase from you the first time they see your product often isn’t realistic. For example, research by Salesforce shows that people need 6-8 interactions with a brand before buying.
Regular emails to existing customers are also an effective way to boost sales for new products.
Companies in this category will want to focus on search keyword ranking and online PR. Crucially, tone also plays an important role here. Typically, we can categorise marketing tone of voice into four dimensions: formality, humour, respectfulness, and enthusiasm. Professional companies usually favour formal content and keywords, favouring rational and quantitative language over funny or enthusiastic.
Luxury brands want to target more affluent consumers and inspire a sense of exclusivity. To do this, they should focus on influencer marketing and social media campaigns that target their ideal customer persona. And “budget-conscious” vocabulary and keywords should be absent from the marketing copy. Moreover, regular emails to existing customers to promote new products are an essential digital marketing strategy for luxury brands.
How Can Digital Solutions Improve Your Business? The Benefits
- Lower costs: Digital marketing is cheaper than its traditional marketing peer. Moreover, it can provide a massive ROI for your marketing budget.
- Reach: With online marketing, reaching audiences across the world or with niche interests is far easier.
- Potential for viral content: There’s always the potential for your content to go viral when you post online, massively boosting brand awareness.
- Measurable results: Digital marketing is fuelled by data. This means you get far greater visibility into the success of your strategies than you do with traditional marketing. You can then tailor your approach for even greater success.
- Keeping up with the competition: Today, consumers expect all brands to have an online presence and may mistrust companies that don’t.
- Multiple strategies: There are many different digital marketing strategies for different sectors or types of businesses (for example, B2B vs B2C). You might want to focus on SEO, video marketing, PPC, social media marketing, retargeting, influencer marketing, email marketing, forum engagement, paid social ads, or something else.
- Increased engagement: Digital marketing solutions are designed to drive high engagement, leading to more loyal customers and making it easier to convert cold traffic to fully-fledged customers. Users can like, share, comment, or engage with your website via a paid ad click.
Digital solutions can help supercharge your marketing efforts and make even your more ambitious business goals a reality. Get in touch today if you want to see what digital marketing solutions can do for your company. We are a full-service digital agency with a wealth of knowledge on all things digital marketing.
A no-nonsense digital marketing agency which develops websites, builds apps, creates content, boosts SEO and delivers a full range of digital services at a fraction of the cost of an internal marketing department.